Showing people there is more to life.
“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
John 10:10 (NKJV)
- Help people find God.
- Grow their faith.
- Connect people in groups.
- Involve people in serving.
- Equip people to live their purpose.
- It's not about us. We're here to make Jesus famous.
- Welcome home. Everyone matters and is valued.
- It might get loud. Worship is the highest earthly expression and Jesus deserves to be celebrated.
- We are deep and wide. We are both spiritually deep and guest-focused.
- We take up the sword. No power on earth is like the Word of God.
- We will risk the ocean. We take aggressive steps of faith, launching into deeper waters, so that God can do more.
- We are an uprising of honor. We honor those who lead us, those we serve, and those who serve alongside us.
- The best is yet to come. Everything we do is infused with eternal importance; therefore, every detail deserves creativity, passion, and excellence.
- We are all in. We are committed to the vision God as given to our pastor.
What We Believe
- The Bible: The entire Bible is inspired by God, without error and the authority on which we base our faith, conduct, and behavior. (2 Timothy 3:15-7)
- God: There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Mark 12:29, 1 John 5:7-8)
- Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ is God the Son, the second person of the Trinity. On earth, Jesus was 100% God and 100% man. He is the only man ever to have lived a sinless life. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died on the cross for mankind, and thus, atoned for our sins through the shedding of His blood. He rose from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return again in power and glory. (John 1:1,14, 20:28; I Timothy 3:16; Isaiah 9:6; Philippians 2:5-6; I Timothy 2:5).
- Holy Spirit: He is at work in the world helping unbelievers become aware of their need for Jesus. He also lives within every believer, providing them with power for life and service. (John 15:26, John 6:63, John 14:16-18)
- Man: Man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore separated from God. (Genesis 1:27, Romans 3:23, Isaiah 53:6, Isaiah 59:2, Titus 3:4-7)
- Salvation: We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ: His death, burial, and resurrection. Salvation is a gift from God, not a result of our good works or of any human efforts (Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16, 3:8; Titus 3:5; Romans 10:9-10; Acts 16:31; Hebrews 9:22)
- Baptism in the Holy Spirit: Given at Pentecost, it is the promise of the Father, sent by Jesus after His Ascension, to empower the Church to preach the Gospel throughout the whole earth. (Joel 2:28-29; Matthew 3:11; Mark 16:17; Acts 1:5,2:1-4, 17, 38-39, 8:14-17, 10:38, 44-47, 11:15-17, 19:1-6)
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is manifested through a variety of spiritual gifts to build and sanctify the church, demonstrate the validity of the resurrection, and confirm the power of the Gospel. The Bible's lists of these gifts are not necessarily exhaustive, and the gifts may occur in various combinations. All believers are commanded to earnestly desire the manifestation of the gifts in their lives. These gifts always operate in harmony with the Scriptures and should never be used in violation of Biblical parameters. (Hebrews 2:4; Romans 1:11, 12 :4-8; Ephesians 4:16; I Timothy 4:14; II Timothy 1:6-7; I Corinthians 12:1-31, 14:1-40; I Peter 4:10)
- The Church: The Church is God’s primary way to accomplish His purposes on earth today. (Matthew 16:18, Matthew 28:19-20, Hebrews 10:25)
- Water Baptism: Water baptism is the immersion of the believer in water, identifying them with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Following faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, the new convert is commanded by the Word of God to be baptized in water in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; Mark 16:16; Acts 8:12, 36-38; 10:47-48).
- The Lord's Supper: A unique time of communion in the presence of God when the elements of bread and grape juice (the Body and Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ) are taken in remembrance of Jesus' sacrifice on the Cross. (Matthew 26:26-29; I Corinthians 10:16, 11:23-25)
- Healing the sick: Healing of the sick is illustrated in the life and ministry of Jesus, and included in the commission of Jesus to His disciples. It is given as a sign, which is to follow believers. It is also a part of Jesus' work on the cross and one of the gifts of the Spirit. (Psalm 103:2-3; Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 8:16-17; Mark 16:17-18; Acts 8:6-7; James 5:14-16; I Corinthians 12:9, 28; Romans 11:29).
- Eternity: There is a heaven and hell and that Jesus will return to judge the earth and to establish His eternal kingdom. (Colossians 3:1, Mark 9:43-48)